How to help a friend suffering from:
- Depression: Tell the person suffering from depression that you've noticed that they seem down or depressed lately. (Unless they have already told you that they are suffering from depression.) If so, tell them that since you now know that they're sad that you want to help. This will be very re-assuring to them. Sometimes the depressed don't even feel like telling anyone because of the stigma associated with depression. Also, make them feel like they are needed. Talk to them when you are upset about something or when you want to vent. Trust them with things that you wouldn't tell just anyone else. This makes them feel very important to you. Depression lies to them and makes them feel like they aren't needed by anyone. This acknowledgment that you know how bad they feel may be the little "push" they need to start talking about it, and maybe even seek help.
- Eating disorders: First educate yourself about the eating disorders. Let them know that you are trying to understand and that you are there for them. Try to understand that although you know the eating disorder is hurting them, they perceive it as helping them. They will need a lot of patience and support from you to recover. Try to get them to talk about why they started, this might help them stop.
- Anxiety: If your friend is panicking, just try to help them calm down. Some ways that help are deep breathing, meditation, drawing, etc. Dont become impatient if the distractions seem to not help, anxiety can take a while to calm down, especially if the person doesnt realize they are panicking.
- Abuse/rape: Listen to what your friend is saying. Don't judge whether it was really abuse/rape or not. Dont tell your friend he/she is over reacting. Suggest that he/she reports who hurt them, but don't make them report it. Just let them know that you are always here for them, they are never alone, and no matter what they think it was not their fault. Keep telling your friend that they didnt deserve what happened and they didnt do anything wrong.
- Suicidal thoughts/attempts: Let your friend know that you are there for them no matter what. Let them know that they are worthwhile, that life gets better, and that they are not alone. It will be hard, and it wont happen over night, but eventually you being there will help them.
- Self harm: Let your friend know that you are there for them. Don't get mad if they relapse, but try to help them recover. They cant recover on their own so try to get them to see that. They might fight you even though you are trying to help them,but dont take what they do/say personally, its the addiction talking.
- PTSD: If you notice your friend slipping into a flashback or having a nightmare, dont touch them, just try to talk them out of it. Tell them that its not real, that they are safe now, that what happened isnt happening anymore. Help them calm down by distracting their thoughts. try to get them to focus on what is really around them by having them say out loud 5 things they see in the room, 4 things they feel, 3 things they hear, 2 things they smell, and one thing they taste and repeat that until their mind is able to focus again.
oh my god
As a person from California, this is 100% accurate
As a person from Michigan, this is 100% accurate
As a person from England I was so confused because I forgot you use the Fahrenheit system
50 degrees in England
100 degrees in England
I don’t know why I found the skeletons so funny, it’s almost like they’re dancing really sarcastically?
they’re british skeletons of course they’re dancing sarcastically.
WHEN UR AT HOTEL ROOM N THEY GONNA GOTTA CHARGE U 4 WATER HAHAHAHAHA WTF YA RITEE LMFAOO 😂😂😭😭😆😆👵👵💩💩🔥🔥💦💧💥👀👄👅 #relatable #popularpage #magcon
"Fursuiting has a certain dimming effect on one’s senses.
My senses aren’t razor sharp on the best day, so cover me in fur, take away a good portion of my hearing and vision, and I become a tad ineffectual in navigating the world around me.
Rambling up the pier on a sunny Sunday, I became aware of a sudden heaviness in my right leg.”Uh oh,” I thought. “Stroke.”
Upon closer examination, I discovered that my difficulty walking was not caused by a blood clot, but rather this young man who had anchored himself to my side.
Relieved, I patted his head, gave him the happy paws and looked around for the camera. Surely his parents were taking pictures of their giddy son and the giant canine.
It was then I realized that he was sobbing, and no cameras, let alone parental units, were in evidence.
Dogs I understand. Children are a mystery to me. Worried that I had crushed his little foot, or smacked him with my tail, I asked him what was the matter.
"I can’t find my daddy!" He said between hiccups. "That’s OK," I said. ‘I’ll sniff him out for you." "Really? You promise?" He gripped me tighter and brightened a little. "Of course! I’m a search and rescue dog. No problem."
He grinned and held my paw and I then realized that I had better locate pops post haste or the kid would grow up not to trust talking dogs. I couldn’t have that.
We walked slowly up the pier, searching for daddy, both trying to smile for the tourists. Little Carlos related that his papa had been fishing, but had moved to a new spot on the rail. The kid had walked over to look at a seagull, and somehow lost track of his dad’s position. I wagged. I was looking for a guy fishing from the pier, and that narrowed my search to only a few hundred blokes. Piece of cake.
"What does your daddy look like?" I asked. "He’s wearing a white t-shirt." Carlos offered. I looked around. So were 90% of the others fishing.
Sensing that I needed more information, he thought hard for a moment. “He fishes with squid!” He exclaimed, convinced that hunk of knowledge would lead us to pops like no other.
We walked up and down the pier. Twice. Carlos started to cry again, and I felt a peculiar mix of compassion, panic and failure. What if we never found his dad? I’d have to raise him as my own. Where would he sleep? What do kids eat? Kids grow up so fast. How could I afford shoes and tiny fursuits every 6 months?
Just when we were both about to dissolve into sobbing puddles,a frantic man came running towards us, brandishing a fishing rod and a look of profound relief. I’ll never forget it.
"Mijo!" He exclaimed, scooping up the kid and hugging him so tightI thought he might pop. They were both crying and smiling and a flood of relief washed over me. I wouldn’t have to worry about making pint sized DTD’s after all….
Carlos Sr. shook my paw vigorously and thanked me again and again for taking the time to help his boy. He had no idea howthey became separated, but a nice lady on the end of the piertold him that a talking dog was wandering around with a lost kiddo.At least I was easy to spot.
As father and son resumed their day of pescatory bliss, I feltlike a very good dog. Crisis averted, I continued my stroll, heading decidedly for the watering hole with the coldest beer.
I may not be much of a search and rescue dog, but I felt like it at that moment.”
sweetest story ever…
This is a really cute story and I hope it lifts your spirits.
IF ANY OF YOU ARE UNAWARE OF WHAT Furries stand for literally read this story . furries are not in it for the sex they are in it to make others happy.
I JUST CUT MY HAND ON MY OWN BRA WTF
AND I GOT A PAPERCUT FROM THE BANDAID PACKAGING?!?!
Next Time: glassbottledemon breaks their knee on a pillow and gets pneumonia from a soothing cup of tea
The worst part is that actually once I broke my arm by tripping on a pillow and another time I got pneumonia from sharing a water bottle with someone who had it. ;U;
IM CHOKING ON MY OWN LAUGHTER
Confirmed. I too choked on my own laughter.
I’M SAVING THESE TO FUCK WITH PEOPLE’S BRAINS
I just love the boy’s reactions i keep imagining a little boy screaming bedtime paradox and then immediately falling to sleep
video game: *autosaves at a weird/out of place/oddly random time*
me: uh oh
video game: *conveniently gives you lots of health kits and ammo*
video game: *suddenly goes uncharacteristically silent*
I was told that I gained a new follower, but my number remained the same…
Whatever! ^ - ^ Welcome, new followers! I hope that I add something worth while to your dash! Thank you so much for following and I hope you’re having a wonderful day.
You know you’re a lesbian when: You put your finger in it instead.
OH GOD, I ONLY EVER PUT MY FINGERS IN THEM.
I did both…
i did both. i also bent it, what does that tell me now
You kinky son of a bitch.
I used to step on mine until they exploded.
i fucking hated those things
Found the asexual
Page 1 of 365